1. a plan of what someone is going to do and when they are going to do it.
- on schedule
- ahead of schedule
- behind schedule
- The majority of holiday flights depart and arrive on schedule.
- Meg’s new book is still well ahead of schedule.
- How can he fit everything into his busy schedule?
- I’m going to be working to a very tight schedule (=including a lot of things that must be done in a short time).
2. a list that shows the times that buses, trains etc leave or arrive at a particular place.
3. a formal list of something, for example prices: a schedule of postal charges.
to plan that something will happen at a particular time.
- The elections are scheduled for mid-June.
- Her first album is scheduled for release in September.
- Meetings are scheduled to take place all over the country.
- Prices include scheduled flights(a plane service that flies at the same time every day or every week) from Heathrow(London Heathrow Airport).
- We will not cancel your holiday less than 8 weeks before the scheduled departure date.