- a software program capable of reproducing itself and usually capable of causing great harm to files or other programs on the same computer(From WordNet)
- a set of instructions secretly put onto a computer or computer program, which can destroy information. When a computer that has a virus makes a connection with another computer, for example by email, the virus can make copies of itself and move to the other computer
- a program that sends a large number of annoying messages to many people’s mobile phones in an uncontrolled way
- a very small living thing that causes infectious illnesses
Getting people fired up about your message is the perfect way to get your campaign to go viral.
Small businesses can also create a cause campaign that will go viral, but it doesn’t just happen overnight.
Now companies are changing their focus, and trying to “go viral, ” attempting to generate enough buzz so people will spread their messages through various social media platforms.
WORD FOCUS: computer
- people who work with computers: user, programmer, web designer, IT person, software engineer, (systems) analyst, administrator, webmaster, helpdesk, techie, geek
- someone who tries to break into a computer system: hacker, cracker
- things you do with your computer: start up/power up your computer
- open a file or document
- enter information
- click on an icon
- cut and paste pieces of text
- copy files or programs
- scroll up and down the page
- delete things you do not want
- download files or pictures from the Internet
- burn CDs or DVDs
- close a file or document
- save your work
- shut down your computer
- computer problems: bug, virus, error, corrupted file/data, crash, worm